17 May 2007

"i was a freak, i knew i was a freak"

Woman Says She Can Talk To Animals
O'Hara Says She's An Animal Communicator
Lisa Hidalgo, 7NEWS Meteorologist, May 16, 2007

DENVER, Co. -- Animal communication is still not widely accepted but one local woman says it's catching on.

Terri O'Hara said she's been talking to animals ever since she was a kid and always knew she was a little special.

"When I first started doing this, I didn't explain it to anybody. I was a freak, I knew I was a freak," said O'Hara.

O'Hara said she embraced her talent and now people pay her to talk to their animals.

"Animals don't communicate in a lot of words like we do. They communicate in feelings like happiness, sadness, joy and grief. They also communicate in physical sensation so if they're having intestinal problems, my stomach might cramp for a moment," said O'Hara.

O'Hara said she helps people understand why their animals act in certain ways and do certain things.

"I don't call myself psychic. I call myself an animal communicator because to me it's a conversation with the animal," said O'Hara.

Some people say it's a little hard to believe.

"I wouldn't believe it until I see it," said pet owner Nisa Michener.

Veterinarian LaDawn Hillis said it would be too hard to prove either way and said it all comes down to your animal's quality of life.

"If it helps the animal and it doesn't hurt them, then I don't see any harm in it," said Hillis.

No comments: